Those seeking to become Drupal independent contractors or employees should:
- Get the Skills – Learn, understand & work well with Drupal
- Join the Community – Become acquainted & participate in Drupal forums, camps, meet ups and conferences.
- Work with Drupal – Get practical experience in building Drupal projects however you can
The 10 week, 120 hour Drupal Career Starter Program will guide you through the three steps toward success as a Drupal professional. The program will:
- Teach you basics and more advanced Drupal development skills
- Introduce you to the regional and global Drupal Community and ways to particpate
- Make available internships within the community.
There are tremendous opportunities right now in non-traditional employment, including independent contracting and telecommuting, in growing areas of Information Communications Technologies.
Drupal, an open source content management system (CMS) is one of those ICT fields where companies are encountering enormous demand. There is a huge shortage of qualified Drupal professionals worldwide.
The Drupal CMS is powering millions of websites and applications including high profile sites for the federal government and it is also becoming the platform of choice for tens of thousands of highly interactive, content rich sites such as examiner.com, lifetimetv.com, grammys.com and many Sony music artist sites.