Who Should Apply for the Drupal Career Starter Program?
If you are considering a career in Drupal, you should:
- Seek a career that provides less traditional work environments
- Want a career built on self-motivated learning and career development
- Wish to create modern web sites using an open-source content management system
- Be willing to immerse yourself in training and learning
- Look forward to truly participating in an open-source community
- Have the desire to become an independent software consultant or contractor
- Exhibit strong communication skills (email, chat, video conferences, etc..)
All information and determination of eligibiity for workforce funding/programs in the state of Florida is managed through your local workforce board. In order to be considered for any workforce programs, you must have a complete registration on file wtih Employ Florida. All state assistance eligibility will be determined by local workforce board staff.
All participants must have access to a suitably configured WiFi-enabled laptop for every class session. The laptop can be any one of the following:
- A laptop with a modern Microsoft-based OS (VISTA or 7), 512 MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
- A laptop with Apple OS X (10.4 or higher), 512MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
- A laptop with a modern Linux-based OS, 512MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
Although formal IT training in programming is not a pre-requisite for the Drupal Career Starter Program, applicants should have, or be familiar with:
- Web development in one or more of the following:
- Any modern content management system
- Programming experience with one or more of the following:
- Microsoft ASP or ASP.NET
- virtually any other language commonly used in the creation of web sites
- Sysadmin experience with one or more of the following: