Drupal Career Starter Program - Summer 2013
Applications for the 2013 Summer session of the DrupalEasy Academy Drupal Career Starter Program are now being accepted! The 10 week intensive course includes classroom, labwork and independent hands-on projects designed for people with a knack for IT that are seeking a quick start and a clear path toward new, stable careers in open source technology. Applications are due no later than June 10, 2013. This session begins the week of July 8.
The Drupal Career Starter Program puts participants on a shortened path to becoming well-compensated professionals in Drupal, one of the fastest growing content management systems in the world. The Drupal CMS runs millions of the world's web sites, including 30% of all US federal government sites. It is being adopted at a breakneck pace, leading to incredible demand for talent that is expected to grow for years to come.
Applications are now being accepted for a limited number of slots for the summer session, which for the first time is open to anyone, regardless of where they reside or if they qualify for for special workforce programs. Participants must meets the minimum knowledge requirements to be considered.
Florida residents who who have been laid off, are unemployed or otherwise meet workforce program need-requirements may be eligible for training stipends through their local workforce board.
Within Brevard, residents who qualify for workforce services, including Aerospace Workforce Transition Program eligible workers, secondarily affected workers and other current or soon-to-be dislocated workers may be eligible for scholarships for training through Brevard Workforce. See the requirements section for more information.
All applicants seeking workforce assistance must have a complete registration to include resume and skill set information at www.employflorida.com. Scholarship eligibility will be determined through a separate process by workforce board staff.
DrupalEasy Career Starter Program:
- 10 week curriculum with follow-on internship program
- Open to any participants that meet minimum requirements
- 20 slots available for the 2013 summer session
- Course runs Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning July 9, 2013
- Classes are at Cocoa Civic Center in Cocoa Village from 5:30 - 9:00 pm
- Cost is $4,000 (includes class and internship matching for qualified students)
- Participants are required to bring a suitably configured laptop to each class (see details below)
DrupalEasy Career Starter Program Application - Application deadline is June 10, 2013.
What is Drupal?
Why a Career in Drupal?
How Do I Start a Career in Drupal?
Requirements/Who Should Apply?
Employ Florida Registration
A suitably configured, WiFi-enabled laptop can be any one of the following:
- A laptop with a modern Microsoft-based OS (VISTA or 7), 512 MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
- A laptop with Apple OS X (10.6 or higher), 512MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
- A laptop with a modern Linux-based OS, 512MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.